Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
My colleague Grace made up these these wonderful gift boxes of goodies including this recipe. These are so good and when I found out how easy they are to make, I was sold! Personally I like to use semi sweet chocolate chips, but that is personal preference. Split you wafers before placing in the pan but fit them tightly together--the grahams that split to approx 1x2 inches are ideal, but cut them to the size you like. After you have made the almond roca and cooled the tray, put it in the freezer for only 10 minutes to really solidify the chocolate. Then remove from freezer and flip the whole tray so you can see where the graham wafer splits are. It is then very easy to just slice gently with a knife and you get perfect cut pieces. I store mine in a tin box in the fridge, but if you have chocoholics they won't last so just put them out on a plate!
- 16 graham wafers
- 1 1⁄2 cups almonds, sliced
- 1 cup butter (not margarine)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- Layer an 11x17-inch cookie sheet with sides with the graham wafers, cut to fit snuggly.
- Sprinkle with the almonds and set aside.
- Put the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan and bring to boil, stirring to incorporate the butter.
- Pour in a thin stream over the almond/wafer base.
- Place in 350 Oven for 8 minutes until bubbly all over.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with Chocolate chips.
- Run the tines of a fork through the chips to spread.
- Set on counter to cool and cut into squares.
Oh Bergy why did you post this. It is so easy to make and just too easy to eat!! I followed the recipe and then used a pizza cutter to cut into squares. What a great desert and snack idea!!
Very good and easy, I made the mistake however of splitting the grahams into 2 halves, instead of the perforated 4. When I went to cut the finished product with a pizza cutter, the preperforated seems split also and so my squares were not very pretty, next time would split grahams into 4 so peices would come out more evenly and hold together better.
Very easy and delicious! I didn't see the (not margerine) until I was well into the recipe, so used it and it seemed to be okay. Next time I'll use butter, I promise!!