Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Cooking Light. March 2004.
Make and share this Chive Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Steam green beans, covered, 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Remove from steamer; toss with remaining ingredients.
Mmmm...these green beans were so good. I can foresee this becoming a regular in August when the bumper crop of garden green beans are ready to be picked. For now I needed to used up some canned beans and this really flavored them up nicely. Served with Gnocchi in a Creamy Mushroom Sauce and Toasted Sesame Seed Bagels. Thank you.
I loved the taste of these green beans with the mustard, butter and chives. I used more chives cause I didn't have parsley. Thanks dicentra :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game