Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A simple, somewhat soup perfect for chilly nights. A good way to use up leftover turkey or chicken.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
- cilantro (to garnish)
- diced avocado (to garnish)
- Cook onion and garlic in oil over until tender.
- Add chicken, cook until done.
- Add chicken broth, chipotles, sugar and salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in tomatoes.
- Garnish with cilantro and avocado.
Great soup - looking forward to repeating it during the cold months ahead.
Excellent. I used some diced precooked frozen chicken and canned diced tomatoes. It still turned out great. Can't wait to try it with the chicken breast and fresh tomatoes.
Wow--this was yummy! Only 4 WW points and easy for a weeknite dinner. I garnished with a little cheddar cheese and cilantro. Thanks, I'll be making this again!