Chipotle Soup II
- Ready In:
- 1hr 16mins
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can pink beans or (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce (optional)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce (optional)
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- In a large sauce pan or soup pot, cook onion 2 or 3 minutes in oil; add water and garlic cooking an additional minute.
- Stir in paprika and oregano into the onions; add chicken, cook until done.
- Add chicken broth, chipotles, tomatoes, corn, beans and chipotles.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in chopped cilantro and lime juice and heating through 1 minute.
- Add salt to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Absolutely delicious! DD and I loved this Soup!! I made the soup pretty much as written, except that I used Chicken breasts instead of thighs, just because that was what I had on hand. My Dad called while I was making this soup. He started the conversation with, "What are you doing?" I told him I was making soup, and described the recipe. Just with a description, he insisted that I Email the recipe to him and my Step-Mother!Thanks for sharing Toni! This soup is right up my alley!! Made with pleasure for Zaar World Tour.