1/6 Photos of Chipotle Pork Stew
2 hrs 15 mins
This recipe is adapted from a grocery store circular. Serve this with rice, guacamole, and sour cream. This would also be good in burritos.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs country-style boneless pork ribs, cubed (for less fat, substitute pork loin chops)
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced or 2 anaheim chilies, roasted peeled and diced
- 1 (7 ounce) can tomatillos, drained and roughly chopped or 7 tomatillos, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Heat oil in a large pot. Add pork and brown well on all sides.
- 2Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes to lightly brown.
- 3Stir in tomatillos, chiles, chipotle peppers, broth and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until tender.
- 4Serve over cooked rice with guacamole and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Pork Stew
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.4
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 125.8 mg
- Sodium 612.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 38.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo