Recipe by cookiedog
This recipe is adapted from a grocery store circular. Serve this with rice, guacamole, and sour cream. This would also be good in burritos.
Top Review by seal angel
I used pork stew meat and a lot of garlic. I added two small chopped potatoes cuz it was kinda looking like chili con carne. I used La Victorias verde salsa in place of tomatillos. It was good but very spicy hot. My poor daughter got through half her burrito and said, " I can't eat anymore " She ate cereal.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs country-style boneless pork ribs, cubed (for less fat, substitute pork loin chops)
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced or 2 anaheim chilies, roasted peeled and diced
- 1 (7 ounce) can tomatillos, drained and roughly chopped or 7 tomatillos, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large pot. Add pork and brown well on all sides.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes to lightly brown.
- Stir in tomatillos, chiles, chipotle peppers, broth and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until tender.
- Serve over cooked rice with guacamole and sour cream.