Mexican Mess (Bean Dip)
This isn't very pretty. You can add another cup of cheese on top if you want and add veggies, guacamole and sour cream to make it more like nacho dip. I personally can eat the whole thing just like it is. Leftovers go well in a soft tortilla.
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 cup salsa (I like medium)
- 4 ounces green chilies
- 1 cup cheese, shredded (I like a Mexican or taco blend)
- Spray a pie plate.
- Mix all ingredients and place in pie plate.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or hot in the center.
- Add extra cheese and anything else you want on top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this recipe for a small social gathering. I used 4 Big Jim Green Chilis that were roasted, peeled, deseeded and chopped. The cheese blend I used was shredded Colby-jack. I also added sliced black olives. The results were a good tasting bean dip that quickly disappeared. Thanks for sharing.1Reply
Made this tonight, sans chilis but topped with green onions, seeded diced tomatoes and olives, then once it came out of the oven added chopped avocado and shredded lettuce. I was worried it was "too easy" but my husband loved it (and suggested adding this to our regular rota), and our 2.5-year-old loved it too (surprisingly!). Served with corn chips, would be lovely in tortillas as well. It's a keeper! Thank you!4Reply