Chipotle Chicken Pizza
I got this off of a free recipe card from the grocery store. It's a recipe by Pillsbury.
- Ready In:
- 1 (11 ounce) can refrigerated thin pizza crust
- 1 cup mild thick & chunky salsa
- 1⁄2 - 1 chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) package cooked chicken breast strips (southwestern style)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray or grease a 15 X 10 inch or larger dark or nonstick cookie sheet. Unroll dough on cookie sheet; starting at center, press dow into a 15 X 10 inch rectangle.
- In small bowl, mix salsa and chipotle chile, spread to within 1/2 inch of edges of dough.
- Top with chicken strips, onion, and peppers. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Yummmy....<br/>I used homemade dough, hot salsa and some pan fried seasoned chicken strips.<br/>This was delicious.....absolutely loved the smokey chipotle running through the salsa.<br/>Next time I would use red onion though...the taste is a little more subtle, allowing the other flavours to shine a little more, and the colour would look fab with the red and green peppers.<br/>A simple and very tasty pizza...big thumbs up from us!!
Tasty pizza that made a nice lunch. I made this exactly as written, except I used hot salsa (instead of mild) because we really like things spicy, and I tossed on some sliced scallions as well. The toppings were really nice. I might try these toppings on a different crust, though, because the thin crust did not hold up well to the weight of the topping. Overall, it was different and a nice change of pace. Thanks for posting this. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.