Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful cheese sauce with a kick. Great on seafood or chicken enchiladas. I was lucky to be able to adopt this recipe..and as it's one of my favourites I'm really happy about that..I like to mix this with plain steamed rice. It's delicious!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add jalapeno, garlic, and red pepper and saute until soft.
- Add oregano, salt, cumin and chipotle.
- Decrease heat to low, add cream and cream cheese.
- Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the jack cheese.
- Stir until melted and well incorporated.
- Keep warm on lowest heat.
Fabulous sauce! I made it to go over my Chimichangas and it was wonderful,and so creamy! I will also use it, as specified, for an enchilada topping,and many other uses that I can imagine it used for too. Thanks Mean