A wonderful cheese sauce with a kick. Great on seafood or chicken enchiladas. I was lucky to be able to adopt this recipe..and as it's one of my favourites I'm really happy about that..I like to mix this with plain steamed rice. It's delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- 2Add onion and saute until translucent.
- 3Add jalapeno, garlic, and red pepper and saute until soft.
- 4Add oregano, salt, cumin and chipotle.
- 5Decrease heat to low, add cream and cream cheese.
- 6Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 7Remove pan from heat and stir in the jack cheese.
- 8Stir until melted and well incorporated.
- 9Keep warm on lowest heat.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Cream Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (563 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 673.5
- Calories from Fat 605
- Total Fat 67.2 g
- Saturated Fat 42.0 g
- Cholesterol 224.8 mg
- Sodium 759.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo