Recipe by Evie*
A wonderful cheese sauce with a kick. Great on seafood or chicken enchiladas. I was lucky to be able to adopt this recipe..and as it's one of my favourites I'm really happy about that..I like to mix this with plain steamed rice. It's delicious!
Top Review by @ngdarlen
Fabulous sauce! I made it to go over my Chimichangas and it was wonderful,and so creamy! I will also use it, as specified, for an enchilada topping,and many other uses that I can imagine it used for too. Thanks Mean
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add jalapeno, garlic, and red pepper and saute until soft.
- Add oregano, salt, cumin and chipotle.
- Decrease heat to low, add cream and cream cheese.
- Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the jack cheese.
- Stir until melted and well incorporated.
- Keep warm on lowest heat.