Lomo a La Huancaina (Steak With Cream Cheese Sauce)
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 egg yolks, hard-boiled
- 2 fresh chili peppers, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 6 steaks, 4-6 ounces each
- 12 ripe olives (for garnish) (optional)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, quartered (for garnish) (optional)
- Place cream cheese in a bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add egg yolks, chili peppers, and salt.
- Beat well with a wooden spoon.
- Add olive oil slowly, drop by drop, beating constantly.
- Add cream, lemon juice and onions, and mix well.
- Place mixture in a small saucepan and heat gently over low heat.
- Meanwhile, broil or grill the steaks to the desired degree of doneness.
- Serve sauce over steaks, garnished with olives and egg quarters.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!