Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from a recipe I found in a magazine. You can serve rice on the side if you must but it really isn't needed this makes very generous, healthy portions. The nutrional numbers on this recipe will be a little off because you throw away the marinade but it is in the ingredients (hope that makes sense, lol)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce or 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas, cut into thirds
- 2 coarsely chopped green onions (I think it needs more)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I used 3)
- 2 cups shredded broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped peanuts (I used dry roasted)
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- In a medium bowl whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and chili-garlic sauce.
- Divide in half, reserving half for sauce, other half is for marinade.
- Add Chicken to half the sauce, toss to coat and let stand 15 minutes.
- Whisk water and cornstarch into reserved sauce until smooth and set aside.
- Remove chicken from marinade.
- Heat oil in wok over high heat till hot.
- Add chicken and stir fry until almost cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, snow peas, green onions and garlic, stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add reserved sauce and stir fry another minute till the sauce has thickened and chicken is completely done.
- Divide cole slaw mix between 2 plates, top with chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro.
WOW! This is my new favorite stir-fry! I just loved all the "crunch." Usually, I prefer sweeter stir-fries, but the sweetness of the cilantro mixed with the peanuts fooled me into thinking it was sweet! I also think the chili garlic sauce adds a sweet flavor. What a terrific way to eat broccoli slaw (I had 3 helpings!). I did not need the rice at all! Thanks Rifffaff, for posting- Roxygirl
WOW! What a quick and delicious meal. Definitely add the cilantro and peanuts. They add so much to this recipe.
Nice stir-fry! This was quick and easy to prepare and had a great flavor. We enjoyed it over the slaw. I saved some green tops of the green onions to sprinkle over the top with the cilantro and peanuts. Thanks for sharing!