Top Review by Tebo
Easy to do and had a nice sauce for the rice. I tried cut away most of the fat before cooking and used a fat separator to eliminate most of the fat after cooking. It was a good recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice or 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 4 lbs country-style pork ribs, separated
- hot, cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3 1/2 quart crock pot, combine ketchup, honey, vinegar, soy sauce, five-spice powder, onion, ginger and garlic.
- Position a broiler rack 6 inches from the source of the heat and preheat the broiler.
- Broil the ribs, turning once, until browned.
- About 10 minutes.
- Transfer the ribs to the crock pot.
- Stir to coat the ribs with the sauce.
- Cover and slow cook until ribs are ender.
- 5-6 hours at 200 degrees (low).
- Transfer the ribs to a platter and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Skim the fat from the surface of the sauce.
- In a medium saucepan bring the sauce to a simmer over a medium heat.
- Cook until reduced to about 1 cup, 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook just until thickened.
- Pour the sauce over ribs and serve immediately with hot cooked rice.