I got this recipe from the back of a packet of Chang's Fried Noodles. It's so easy and tasty and a real hit. You can use any other Asian fried noodles or even two minute noodles if you can't find Chang's Fried Noodles. I prefer to use pine nuts in this recipe.
- 1⁄2-1 Chinese cabbage or 1⁄2-1 savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1 (100 g) packetchang or similar fried Chinese noodles
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts or 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted in a dry pan until golden brown
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar and mix well (can be stored in fridge).
- Immediately before serving pour dressing over salad and mix well.
Try this and everybody loved it in the X'mas Party. I put a bit of fish sauce in the dressing to give a bit more taste.
Terese this is sooo tasty. I think I made it about 4 times on our holiday to Vic. I did heat the sugar and vinegar in the microwave to help melt the sugar and I also added more sesame just for personal taste. Love the pine nuts! Thanks for an excellent recipe.
We were lucky enough to eat this when Terese brought it to our 'zaar Christmas party earlier this month. It's a lovely simple salad, really off-set by the sweet and sour dressing. I have tasted similar versions of this, and must say i really liked the pine nuts rather than the usual almonds you find in this.