Egg Noodle Salad
I used those short twisty looking egg noodles for the salad, because they were very cheap and affordable. You can make this ahead of time, but I find the avocado turns brown if it's not sprinkled with lemon juice, and I found lemon juice doesn't really go with this salad, taste wise.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups egg noodles, cooked
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 1 cup imitation crabmeat, diced
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, chopped (canned)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon horseradish cream
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the remaining ingredients to create a dressing.
- Thoroughly combine the salad with the dressing, before serving at room temperature. Be careful to get the bottom of the salad coated with the dressing, as that is a difficult part for me.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This salad will be on my summer meal rotation so it was a contest keeper here! The salad made generous portions. The horseradish I used was so strong it was the only note at first, but after chilling everything blended & was terrific. My avocado was ripe so melded into the creamy dressing. The crunch from the water chestnuts added a highlight too. I think additional veggies would add color & only add to the awesome salad. Thank you for your entry & good luck in the contest!
I really liked this summer salad though i used tuna fish in broth instead of crab meat due to my allergy. But the recipe was so appealing that i could not resist trying it. It came out wonderfully! I will make this over and over again as it is a really nice summer dish. Thank you for this great recipe and good luck at the contest. It was my favorite this year.