Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made this for my husband, it's now one of his favourite things in the world! It *just* serves the three of us, I say *just* because the little 'un (two and a half year old) is eating like a hoover at the moment.
- Firstly make up the veg stock and add the milk to the jug, leave it to stand and cool.
- Fry the chicken in the oil until sealed, add garlic and leek and gently fry until leek starts to soften.
- Place the milk/stock mix in a large pan, add the butter and flour and heat, stirring continuously, until boiling. Once boiling turn down the heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add chicken, leek and garlic to sauce, stir and add the mixed herbs.
- Now add the cheese (I use about 10 cubes but you can do it to taste).
- Then once the cheese is incorporated add the chili sauce (again to taste, cumin works really well but I wouldn't add more than about a teaspoon and a half).
- Lastly add black pepper.
- Simmer while you cook some rice to go with it. It should be ready when the rice is done, but check the chicken in case it needs a little longer :o).