I made this for my husband, it's now one of his favourite things in the world! It *just* serves the three of us, I say *just* because the little 'un (two and a half year old) is eating like a hoover at the moment.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Firstly make up the veg stock and add the milk to the jug, leave it to stand and cool.
- 2Fry the chicken in the oil until sealed, add garlic and leek and gently fry until leek starts to soften.
- 3Place the milk/stock mix in a large pan, add the butter and flour and heat, stirring continuously, until boiling. Once boiling turn down the heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- 4Add chicken, leek and garlic to sauce, stir and add the mixed herbs.
- 5Now add the cheese (I use about 10 cubes but you can do it to taste).
- 6Then once the cheese is incorporated add the chili sauce (again to taste, cumin works really well but I wouldn't add more than about a teaspoon and a half).
- 7Lastly add black pepper.
- 8Simmer while you cook some rice to go with it. It should be ready when the rice is done, but check the chicken in case it needs a little longer :o).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilli Cheese Chicken and Leek
Serving Size: 1 (448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1042.0
- Calories from Fat 428
- Total Fat 47.6 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 167.4 mg
- Sodium 313.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 42.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: