Recipe by Jackie_Food&Wine
Only 15 minutes to prepare, 2 hours in the fridge and this soup is ready! A perfect summer soup - enjoy with the perfect summer wine - Sauvignon Blanc. Can't you just picture yourself on the deck, in the sun now?
- 4 English cucumbers, skins removed and diced
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic (about one clove)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup diced green onion (whites and greens)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp (any size)
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Add cucumber, garlic, onions, yogurt and coriander to a blended and blend until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in dill, basil and lemon zest. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours, until completely cool.
- Season shrimp simply with salt and pepper and sauté in a non-stick pan over medium heat until pink all around. (We have a lot of other flavors in this soup, keep the shrimp simple with seasoning!).
- To serve: top soup with a couple pieces of shrimp, crumbled goat cheese and serve alongside some fresh challah or focaccia to round out the meal.