1/1 Photo of Chilled Cucumber Soup With Shrimp and Goat Cheese
Only 15 minutes to prepare, 2 hours in the fridge and this soup is ready! A perfect summer soup - enjoy with the perfect summer wine - Sauvignon Blanc. Can't you just picture yourself on the deck, in the sun now?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 English cucumbers, skins removed and diced
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic (about one clove)
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup diced green onion (whites and greens)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 lb shrimp (any size)
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- 1Add cucumber, garlic, onions, yogurt and coriander to a blended and blend until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- 2Stir in dill, basil and lemon zest. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours, until completely cool.
- 3Season shrimp simply with salt and pepper and sauté in a non-stick pan over medium heat until pink all around. (We have a lot of other flavors in this soup, keep the shrimp simple with seasoning!).
- 4To serve: top soup with a couple pieces of shrimp, crumbled goat cheese and serve alongside some fresh challah or focaccia to round out the meal.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilled Cucumber Soup With Shrimp and Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (757 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.6
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 238.9 mg
- Sodium 2251.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 30.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: