Recipe by ChefDLH
This addictive dip goes fast and is a great one to make quickly and serve fast. The plate gets cleaned. Lower in fat with the neufchatel and if you sub in 2% cheese. This is from a Kraft cookbooklet for Superbowl 2010. It was so colorful and the flavors fresh. Hope you all enjoy it as much as our guests did. Great for those who don't want alcohol: see the note for the substitution. A great stand alone as presentation is so pretty. I will post a picture soon. Enjoy ChefDLH
- 1 (8 ounce) packagephiladelphia neufchatel cheese (softened)
- 1⁄3 cup light beer
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans, heated
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- assorted cracker (recommend WHEAT THINS Toasted Chips original)
Directions See How It's Made
- BEAT Neufchatel and beer with mixer until well blended.
- STIR in Cheddar; spread onto large serving plate.
- PLACE lettuce around edge of Neufchatel cheese.
- mixture; fill center with chili.
- SPRINKLE with onions, olives and tomatoes.
- Serve with chips.
- NOTE: sub in milk for beer if you need it to be non-alcoholic.