Beer Cheese Dip
- Ready In:
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons ranch dressing mix or 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped,tops only
- 1⁄3 - 1⁄2 cup beer, any flavor or 1/3-1/2 cup non-alcoholic beer
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese and ranch dressing mix.
- Stir in cheese, green onions and then beer until desired consistency.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate overnight.
Join The Conversation
This is definitely tasty and easy, but it needs something more to really shine. I used more than two green onions (not just the tops, either) and I think that was needed. I'll probably add 1/2 tsp of garlic powder next time and experiment try a darker beer. I used a lighter colored beer and it didn't provide enough flavor. Green olives would be a natural addition. I'm also going to try with horseradish.
Made this for company and loved how easy it came together. The only think I did different was cut it in half as we didn't need this much. Everyone enjoyed the creamy texture and flavors, though I'm thinking next time I might add a little hot sauce for just an extra flavor and a little kick. Served with crackers