Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is out of my Summer Time cookbook...it says the sauce can be made a day before...
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato puree, canned
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 3⁄4 lb spaghetti noodles, cooked
- Heat oil in pan, add onions and garlic, cook, stirring until onions are soft.
- Add ground beef, cook, stirring until well browned.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato puree, oregano and chili powder, bring to a boil, reduce heat simmer uncovered 20 minutes or until sauce is thick.
- Add beans and mushrooms, heat thoroughly: serve over hot spaghetti.
A great little recipe, that doesn't fail to satisfy and comfort. <br/>Loved the spaghetti with it, just made it better in my humble opinion. <br/>Thanks Teresa....another solid recipe from your wonderful collection.<br/>Made for PRMR.