Spicy Bolognese Sauce
photo by JoyfulCook
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 chili, Red 2 inches long, chopped fine
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 stock cubes, Beef
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 pinch thyme
- ground pepper
- 500 g spaghetti or 500 g your favourite pasta
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan and saute the onion, garlic, celery and the chilli (take seeds out for a milder flavour before you dice the chilli). cook slowly until soft.
- Add the Meat and stir with a fork until its well broken up and turned brown.
- Add the tomatoes, with the juice, and all the other ingredients, and simmer stirring every so often for approximately an hour or until its thickened up.
- Cook spaghetti or pasta for the usual length of time, until its al dente, drain well. dont wash it with hot water as the sauce will stick better. Add the sauce and stir well. serve immediately with a tomato salad and crusty bread.
- You can freeze the sauce easily.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
We now reside back in England after returning from Australia after most of our working life there. I have been fortunate enough to have lived in many countries when I was younger and therefore many of my recipes reflect this! Love to cook. love to travel too