Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Yummy chili as fall approaches!
Make and share this Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g ground turkey or 453.59 g ground beef
- 453.59 g ground spicy sausage (I use jimmy dean)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (or green)
- 59.14 ml diced jalapeno
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 44.37 ml chili powder
- 14.79 ml cumin
- 14.78 ml oregano
- 170.09 g tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 59.14-118.29 ml brown sugar (to taste)
- 59.14 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 236.59 ml red wine or 236.59 ml beef broth
- 1587.57 g tomato puree (or diced or crushed)
- 425.24 g chili beans
- hot sauce
- shredded cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- brown meat. set aside; draining juice.
- Saute veggies in oil. Add browned meat, veggies to crockpot and add all else.
The best chili I've ever made!!! Even the mostly veggie wife loved it. For the sausage, I cut open a couple of natural casing hot Italian sausages from Whole Foods, left out the brown sugar, used wine instead of beef broth, & added 3 more cans of beans. Truly the best ever!!! Well done sir, highly recommended!