Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Taken from a 1999 issue of Australian Good Taste -very easy and very tasty and very good for you !
Make and share this Chickpea Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (425 g) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 slices torn up whole meal bread
- 1 cup fresh parsley, washed and dried
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons self raising flour
- 125 ml natural yoghurt
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- Put chickpeas, bread, parsley and garlic in food processor.
- Process for 20 seconds to combine.
- Add yoghurt, flour, cumin and salt and pepper.
- Process till combined.
- Divide into small patties.
- Heat some oil in a non stick pan.
- Cook 6 - 8 minutes each side or till golden.
- Serve with yoghurt and pita bread.
Kate, I made these for lunch today. So good, but after reading the reviews, I cut the yogurt in the mix by half, as everyone said it was too wet. Excellent! Made for WT8
Delicious! After reading the other reviews, I decided to triple the amount of flour, and I only added 1/4 cup of the yogurt--it worked! The burgers held up well and didn't fall apart at all, wasn't too wet, it was perfect and cooked perfectly. I served them in whole wheat pita pockets with a yogurt sauce, cucumber and tomato, very yummy, thanks for posting! Made for ZWT8.
I agree that this is a good base to start from to make a really great bean burger. I was a bit confused by the egg that is listed in the ingredients but not the instructions but I decided to use it anyway. It was a loose mixture that perhaps could have used some chilling before being made into patties. We really enjoyed the taste though so it was worth getting my hands extra messy. Made for Zee Zany Zesty Cookz for ZWT 6.