Spicy Chickpea Burgers
This is a variation on a basic chickpea burger recipe that I found. Requires the use of a food processor. Also to note: the burgers will be crumbly.
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 large white onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 red chilies, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs (I use plain)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sautée onions, garlic, oregano and chili powder (2 mins.). Add chilies; cook, stirring frequently, until chilies are tender.
- In food processor, mix pepper mixture with chickpeas, transfer to bowl.
- Stir in bread crumbs, cilantro (or parsley), salt and pepper to taste. Mix until well combined, and press firmly into the shape of burgers.
- In skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Cook burgers for 4 minutes on each side, until browned.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION