photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC.
- Cut out rounds of pastry with a 5cm diameter pastry cutter, and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Brush the rounds with the egg wash.
- Place 2 teaspoons of parmesan and a pinch of cayenne pepper or paprika on each round.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
Questions & Replies
We really enjoyed these. We did think they were a bit on the dry side. I was creative on the toppings. I used the Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top of each of them and topped them with the following, cayenne pepper, paprika, chopped fresh dill, chopped fresh thyme, poppy seeds and sesame seeds. They do look great plated and are the perfect appetizer size. Thanks for posting.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
July 2008 update: VERY happy to be back on Zaar after about a two year absence due to having had no internet connection at home, and having been too unwell for a time so that getting re-connected wasn't even a priority! <br> <br>And really looking forward to getting back into the Zaar world and connecting again with the many wonderful people I knew before, and new people, of course!