Parmesan Puffs With Marinara
A quick and easy batter becomes a batch of golden brown “dippers” that are heavenly when served with warm marinara sauce. http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/recipe.aspx?recipeID=34819&Source=SearchResultPage&terms=cheese%20appetizers
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce, heated
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Grease cookie sheet.
- Heat milk and butter to boiling in 1 1/2-quart saucepan. Stir in flour; reduce heat to low. Stir vigorously about 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball; remove from heat.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition. Stir in cheese. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto cookie sheet.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm with marinara sauce for dipping.
- Make the Most of This Recipe.
- Do-Ahead Tip.
- You can prepare these puffs ahead. Cool puffs, wrap tightly and freeze. When ready to serve, place in muffin cups and heat in a 350ºF oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until hot.
- Add 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, oregano or parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried) to the flour to create Herbed Parmesan Puffs with Marinara.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I had saved this recipe a long time ago and just never got around to making it. Last night invited to a friends house at the last minute and pulled this out. So fast and easy to put together using a jar of marinara I had in the pantry and WOW, not only easy but tasted great. It doesn't make a lot though so if you've more than 4 people I'd be sure and double the recipe to make sure you have enough. I used the fresh herb tip and everyone loved them. Thanks for postingReply