This burger is so delicious, you will not miss the meat, promise! Here's a tip: If you don't want this patties to fall apart, you absolutely need to make a rough chop while processing, also try making thinner patties.
- Ready In:
- 1 carrot (medium size grated)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- salt & pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- oil (for frying)
- 2 slices whole wheat bread (cut in round shapes)
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- Peel the carrots, grate them coarsely and set them aside.
- Peel and roughly chop the garlic.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and put them into a food processor with the garlic, ground spices, salt and pepper. Slightly process to obtain a rough paste then add the carrot, egg, and flour and process briefly until evenly mixed but slightly rugged.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and divide the mixture into 8. Fry in batches for 2–3 minutes on each side, until golden, then drain on kitchen paper.
- Keep opened chickpea can to cut round shapes in bread slices. Toast each slice in toaster or in frying pan.
- Serve with slices of tomato and red onions and mayonnaise.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I added1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms 1 1/2teaspoon montreal steak season 1 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning I substituted 2 tablespoon of ground flaxseed plus 6 tablespoon of water mixed before adding to mixture to substitute egg I also use aquafaba (chickpea juice from the can) My sister loved it!Reply
see 69 more