2bleu's No-Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Ready In:
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal (unsweetened rice krispies, or cocoa krispies)
- 1 cup dried fruit, chopped fine (Sunmaid fruit bits)
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts (or sunflower seeds)
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg (or cinnamon)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine oats, cereal, fruit, and nuts (and chocolate chips if using). Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan heat the remaining ingredients just until warm, stirring well to combine (Do not boil). Pour the peanut butter mixture over the dry mixture. Mix well to incorporate while syrup is still warm.
- Pour mixture into a 7x11 pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Pack the mixture down firmly using Plastic wrap with your hand over top. Press down firmly to mold. Keep covered with plastic wrap and cool completely (about 4 hours).
- Cut into 12 bars. Wrap individually and store in fridge up to two weeks.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I made these up for my DS who is losing weight and has been spending ridiculous amounts of money on granola bars. For the dried fruit I used raisins, crasins,and dates, and then added in sunflower seeds and flaxseed. These are totally delicious, and we both love them! I love something I can grab on the go, and this is just perfect! I will be making these often along with a few other recipes. Thanks so much for sharing with us Lynnda! Linda