Chicken, Mango and Chickpea Burgers
- Ready In:
- 400 g tinned chickpeas
- 500 g lean ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Chop chickpeas in food processor.
- Add chicken , chutney ,chopped onion and curry powder.
- Form into patties.
- Cook 4 - 5 minutes each side on oiled bbq plate or in frypan.
- serve with more chutney or chilli sauce or sour cream.
Join The Conversation
We really loved these burgers -- a milder flavor than beef burgers and not as greasy. They're a nice change to serve with a healthy dinner. I had a little trouble keeping the patty mixture together, so next time I'm going to try adding one egg and two tablespoons of breadcrumbs to the mix to make a firmer patty. We tried all three toppings and the mango chutney was our favorite. (And who knew that chickpeas could be so good in a burger?) We'll definitely be having these terrific and flavorful burgers again.