1/4 Photos of Chicken With Orange-Soy Salsa (Light)
I adapted this recipe of R. Reisman to make it with chicken breasts - I have also made it with chicken thighs - and both ways are really really good! You can use hot salsa for extra spice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 small chicken breasts, cut in small pieces
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- parsley, as garnish
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- 2Dust chicken breasts with flour. In a large nonstick frying pan sprayed with cooking spray, heat oil over medium-high heat; in batches, cook chicken until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes per batch. Transfer to a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3In a bowl, stir together salsa, honey, orange juice concentrate, soy sauce, cornstarch, mustard, garlic, and ginger; pour over chicken.
- 4Bake, uncovered, in centre of oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Orange-Soy Salsa (Light)
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.9
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 431.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 31.5 g