Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins (Light)
Kids will ask for more! If you love the mix of banana and chocolate you will love these light muffins! A R. Reisman recipe. I have made this recipe both with plain yogurt and sour cream and they always turn out great.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1-1/2 medium bananas)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt or 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl and using an electric mixer, beat together bananas, sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla until well mixed.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and baking soda; stir flour mixture into banana mixture.
- Stir in yogurt.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in centre of oven for 15 minutes or until a tester inserted in centre of muffins comes out clean.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made double version. Got 18 muffins that were good size. I divided double version without addition of chocolate chips and divided it in three bolls. In one I added chocolate chips; Another coconut flakes and last raisins. Chocolate chips went first. Coconut addition was OK, more for adults; raisins went in school lunches as chocolate is not allowed. <br/>I was worried that muffins would be too heavy or overly moist, but it had a nice light texture without being crumbly. My family loved it.Reply
see 27 more