Recipe by Bev
Make sure to serve this with steamed rice to soak up all this delicious sauce! From Bon Appetit.
Top Review by Daisy D Petals
Turned out so much better that I expected. Directions were clear and recipe was economical, considering it's at least as good as anything I've had in most above-average restaurants. We served it over a basmati/wild rice mix. BF and I absolutely loved it. Will definitely make again!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 lbs whole chickens, cut into 8 pieces
- 3⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter with oil in heavy large skillet over high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cook, skin side down, until brown, about 5 minutes.
- Turn over; cook 1 minute.
- Using tongs, transfer chicken to plate.
- Add shallots to same skillet; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Saute until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add brandy; simmer until liquid is reduced, scrapping up browned bits, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in broth.
- Return chicken to skillet, skin side up.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Cover, and simmer until shicken is cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to platter; reserve skillet.
- Whisk cream, tarragon and mustard into same skillet.
- Increase heat to high; boil until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over chicken.