Recipe by AuntMare
The original recipe I used is nothing like this one. Over the past 20 years, I've made numerous changes and have made it easier and quicker to make. This has been our "birthday dinner" choice many times.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (lemon may be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon capers, reserve 1 Tbs juice
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter and oil in a skillet. Add chicken. Sprinkle salt over chicken as it cooks.
- When the chicken is almost completely cooked, add the garlic. While the chicken is cooking, dissolve the bouillon cube in water.
- Add the lime juice, capers and caper juice to the chicken. Stir in the chicken bouillon.
- Cover and simmer while you cook the rice. Serve hot over the rice.