Recipe by Valerie in Florida
This is DIRECTLY FROM THE OLIVE GARDEN WEB SITE. Cooking times approximate.
Top Review by tara.mangini
Delicious, but I did modify it quite a bit. I used 2 tablespoons of garlic. I doubled up on the spices, because I doubled the sauce. I used 1 1/4 cups of chicken stock. I/4 cup of lemon juice and a few splashes of white wine. It was extremely tasty. I would just warn anyone that decides to substitute chicken broth for the wine, to be cautious of the salt. Since I doubled the sauce, I also doubled the spices (including salt). Mine ended up extremely salty because of the chicken broth. Something to keep in mind if you substitute. I didn't use parsley or mushrooms, but I am sure it would have been excellent with those. Used 6 tablespoons of butter instead of the full 1/2 cup. You could probably reduce this even more to make it more healthy, but the butter definitely makes it more delicious. Yummy, will make again soon...
- 4 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄2 cup small diced tomato
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb uncooked linguine
- seasoned flour (for dusting)
FOR SEASONED FLOUR
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large saute' pan.
- Dust chicken in seasoned flour.
- Cook chicken on both sides until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add 2 Tbsp butter to pan.
- Add green onion, diced tomato, red onion, mushrooms, garlic, chopped parsley, crushed red pepper, black pepper and salt to pan.
- Let saute' for three minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken back to pan.
- Add white wine, lemon juice and the remainder of the butter.
- Allow to come to a boil.
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Add drained cook pasta to the pan and toss together and serve.