Recipe by Fauve
This filling, healthy soup is simply delicious. There are many great recipes you'll find for Chicken Tortilla Soup, but I doubt you'll find one as easy to prepare as this one... From swansonbroth.com.
Top Review by Almondj
WOW!! This was outstanding! And it was SO easy!! We didn't use the corn (daughter doesn't like) and I didn't have any cumin. Even without those two things it was wonderful!! Will definitely make this one again!! THANKS!!
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast (cut up cubed)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth (to equal 3 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray saucepot with vegetable cooking spray and heat one minute.
- Add chicken and cook until browned, stirring often.
- Add broth, rice and cumin.
- Heat to a boil; cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Stir in corn, salsa, cilantro and lime juice and heat thoroughly.
- Top with Crisp Tortilla Strips (directions to follow):
- CRISP TORTILLA STRIPS
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- Cut 4 corn tortillas into thin strips and place on baking sheet.
- Spray with vegetable cooking spray.
- Bake 10 minutes or till crispy-golden.