Recipe by Karin...
Really, really morish! Very nice served with a tossed green leafy salad!, and a glass of your favourite Chardonnay! The times I have given both for the preparation and cooking of this dish are approximate only. This dish is even nicer served the next day!
Top Review by Miss Annie
Oh, Karin, you have a winner with this recipe. I really, really enjoyed making this dish and eating it. I thought the 3 cheeses with the spinach were great, then...add the nutmeg, and WoW! Guests were impressed. Thanks for sharing a wonderful addition to my T&T recipe book.
- fresh fettuccine
- 500 g diced chicken
- garlic pepper seasoning
- 2 bunches spinach, washed,stems removed,cooked and roughly chopped
- 200 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 1 pint ricotta cheese
- grated nutmeg (to taste)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint sour cream (reg. or lite)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the diced chicken well with Garlic-Pepper seasoning and gently pan fry until cooked.
- Set aside.
- Cook the Spinach in the usual way, drain WELL, and roughly chop.
- Add to the cooked spinach: the finely chopped onion, Feta cheese, grated Parmesan (or Romano) cheese, Ricotta cheese, salt and pepper and a good'dash' of nutmeg.
- Combine the chicken and the spinach mixture.
- Heat a small amount of butter and Olive Oil on low heat in a pan and add the Chicken Spinach mixture.
- Stir the sour cream vigourously and add (to the Chicken Spinach mixture).
- Stir well.
- If the sauce appears a little to thick, thin it down with either a little milk, water or better still- some white wine!
- Cook the Fettuccini in the usual way until'Al Dente' and serve with Chicken Spinach sauce spooned over the top!