Recipe by ckambic
Another recipe from my church's recipe book, submitted by Nancy O. I really like the combination of the flavors.
Top Review by jdoe
I'm sorry, PGServer6, this just didn't work out very well for me. The flavors were ok, but the sauce wouldn't turn into a nice sauce. The feta clumped up within the broth and I ended up with liquid with a clump of melted feta in it instead of a smooth sauce to put over the chicken. If I try this again, I think I'll try using less broth and doing it over lower heat.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 (4 ounce) packagecrumbled feta, divided
- chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with lemon pepper.
- Put chicken into skillet and cook for 7 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Take chicken out of skillet and set aside; keep warm.
- Add onion to the same skillet.
- Stir while cooking for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in broth, dill, and cup of cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Sprinkle with parsley.