1/1 Photo of Chicken Sausage With Pasta and Tomato Sauce
I found this recipe in Woman's World and made it last night. It is so fresh tasting and flavourful. It is a nice change for a pasta dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces chicken sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs fresh tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
- 1/2 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions adding peas during the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- 2Drain pasta and reserve 1/2 cup of cooking water.
- 3Meanwhile, heat 1 tblsp. of oil in a large non-stick skillet over med. high heat.
- 4Add the sausage and cook until browned and cooked through.
- 5Remove sausage from the pan and reserve.
- 6Slice the sausage into 1/2" thick slices.
- 7Heat the remaining oil over medium heat in the same skillet as the sausage was removed from.
- 8Add onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 9Stir in the next 5 ingredients.
- 10Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes soften and start to reduce, about 8 minutes.
- 11Toss with pasta, sausage and cheese.
- 12Stir in reserved pasta water.
- 13Sprinkle with basil.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Sausage With Pasta and Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (520 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 639.1
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 107.5 mg
- Sodium 1649.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 24.5 g