Macaroni and Tomato Soup
My Mother and Father were children of the Great Depression. Sometimes my Mom would pull these crazy recipes out but we as a family loved them! This is one that my children and I have to have still sometimes. Eat it hot because it does not rewarm very well. IMHO, Campbells soup works best in this, but feel free to use whatever tomato soup you would like. This sounds wierd but it is REALLY GOOD.
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup
- In lightly salted water, cook macaroni according to package directions, drain.
- In pan you cooked macaroni in, empty soup into pan and slightly warm. You don't need to bring the soup to a boil (and do not add any water!).
- Add macaroni back to pan and stir thoroughly mixing macaroni with soup.
- Salt and pepper if you would like. Eat warm and enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Omg! I'm eating this right now! It made me curious if anyone else did this, so I googled it. We ate this growing up. My mom made it, and I suppose it was because my grandma lived through the depression, and was given it. I made it for my kids, and one of my daughters still makes it too!! It is my comfort food! Lots of salt and white bread is what I eat it with. Thanks for sharing, my family isn't the only ones who do this!!!Reply