Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A versatile recipe, add other veg, or make it hotter by adding chili if you like. I serve this with a green salad. For a lower fat, but just as tasty meal use non fat greek style yoghurt instead of Sour cream. Add a little lemon juice to the yoghurt for a sour taste.
- 8 plain flour tortillas
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 200 ml mild salsa (hot if you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 tablespoons light sour cream
- Pre heat the oven at 175°C.
- Mix together the chicken , red onion, green bell pepper, 100 ml salsa, honey, garlic, cumin, and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a baking pan.
- Place the mix into the pan and cover with foil.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes, stir and cook uncovered for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Warm the tortilla wraps.
- Take each wrap and cover with 1 tbls of salsa and 1 tbls of light sour cream.
- Fill each tortilla with an 1/8 of the chicken mix, and roll into cylinders.
I had a deliciously spicy chicken wrap during a layover in Abu Dhabi airport (of all places!) and have been thinking and thinking of it for a while. I tried out this wrap recipe to recreate my food memory and though it was not the same - the Abu Dhabi wrap had a dry cumin-tinged red glaze on the chicken, without any sour cream and salsa - it was still so good ! I used greek yogurt instead of sour cream, and shredded some Jack cheese to tuck into the filling before wrapping. Very good and most importantly very easy. My chicken also came out on the "wet" side as one of the reviewers mentioned. Yum !
DH really enjoyed these, and I thought they were good. Next time I will cut the cumin out completely, we aren't big fans. I added about 1 tsp hot pepper flakes, and it was the perfect spicyness. Thanks for a nice easy dinner.
DH really liked this dish. Used 3 peppers and 2 med red onions & added some sliced mushrooms I had on hand. The only issue I had was when the dish was done it was watery in the pan. Maybe too many veg? will make again soon.