Salsa Chicken Wraps
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (reduced fat)
- 4 tablespoons salsa (homemade or prepared)
- 4 flour tortillas (10-inch)
- 8 ounces baked chicken breasts
- 4 slices colby-monterey jack cheese (reduced fat)
- 3 tablespoons black olives, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- salt and pepper
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- nonstick cooking spray or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 325 - 350F (ovens vary).
- Line 8x8 pan with foil and treat with nonstick cooking spray or olive oil. Place chicken in pan.
- Bake chicken breast for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven to cool.
- Cut chicken into 1/4 inch strips.
- Set aside.
- Mix softened cream cheese and salsa.
- Spread flour tortillas with cream cheese mixture.
- Cut cheese slices in half and place the halves length wise on flour tortilla’s in the middle.
- Layer 2 ounces of chicken strips on top of cheese.
- Top the chicken with shredded lettuce, sliced black olives and sliced green onions.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold ends over and wrap tightly.
- Secure with toothpicks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this and followed the instructions completely...yummy. We took these wraps along with recipe#33837#33837 by MizzNezz and a glass of wine and sat down at the beach...what a wonderful time. Definately will make these again and should have made them sooner. Made for the Cook-A-Thon in Memory of VickyJ.
Great recipe! I made this using 2 left over chicken breasts from earlier in the week. DH was hoping there would be left overs for his lunch, but that won't happen. These are easy enough for him to fix for himself next time I'm out of town. Made exactly as written - the recipe was easy to follow and the outcome delish! Thanks VickyJ for a great new recipe for my collection! Made for PAC Fall 2008.