Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Looking at my spice cabinet and the chicken fryer on the counter, I came up with this rub. My husband threw it on the rotisserie in the barbeque grill and it came out wonderful!
- 2 teaspoons coriander, ground
- 2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons marjoram, ground
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg, ground
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons thyme, ground
- Mix all spices together in small bowl.
- Using a whole chicken fryer, carefully separate the skin from the meat and sprinkle rub in between the skin & meat.
- Gently rub the outer skin of the chicken where the spices were placed.
- Refrigerate the chicken for 1 hour.
- Roast in oven at 350 degrees until internal temp is 160 degrees.
- If available, rotisserie chicken for 1 1/4 hours.
- Serve with corn on the cob and mashed potatoes.
Used the entire recipe on a 5 lb spatchcock chicken and it was so delicious! Thanks for posting. (Oh yeah, I used tarragon instead of marjoram, as that's what I had on hand.)
I am roasting chicken breasts right now, and my house smells AMAZING! Can't wait to try this.
A delicious change from the "same old chicken". Even my picky 4y.o. had thirds! I also subbed tarragon for marjoram. Thanks for sharing this recipe.