Rotisserie Chicken Rub
photo by Nick M.
- Ready In:
2 1/2 cups
- 3⁄4 cup kosher salt (I use Sea Salt)
- 1⁄4 cup paprika (I use Smoked Paprika)
- 1⁄4 cup onion powder
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- Place all ingredients in air-tight storage container & enjoy!
- (Note: I place all ingredients in food processor & give it a whirl to ease in mixing, also if a finer texture is preferred).
what a surprise this was and so easy to make.I followed the directions exactly except for the salt I only had regular salt,so i used it but just a little less and believe me when I tell you this was absolutly fantastic my 3 daughters and my ball and chain (wife) loved it.was rubbed on a chicken what was cut in half and i let it sit in the fridge for about 90 minutes then into a 300 degree oven for 90 minutes and the flavor was increditable and meat just fell off the bone...
see 12 more reviews
I was really surprised that as others have mentioned the seasonings did indeed penetrate the meat. This was the first time I had ever used my new rotisserie and it was a big hit, thanks to this recipe. I did make a few slight changes due to our palates. I reduced the amount of cayenne and black pepper in half and substituted sage for the thyme since I don't care for thyme. The internet says that sage is one of the herbs which can be substituted for thyme which is why I chose it, since I really like the milder sage. Those were the only changes I made, and I have filled a good sized glass spice jar with the remainder for the future. This will definitely be used again. Even the young DGD loved it. Made for PAC Spring 2013.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Stay-at-home Mother of 3 <br /> <br /> <br /></p>