Top Review by crawfish pie
This was a wonderful meal.My family LOVED it.I shreded the chicken and was able to make 16 of them.Thank goodness because 8 would have not been enough.I served with the gravy.I recomend making extra(trust me you will want extra).Thanks for this recipe it was simple and tasted great.
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons onions or 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pimientos
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
- croutons (optional) or corn flakes, crushed (optional)
- butter or margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken until done and no pink remains.
- Cool and chop into small cubes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, butter, onion, pimento, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in chicken and set aside. Open crescent rolls and place each piece of dough flat on a lightly greased baking sheet. Place several tablespoons of chicken mixture on the center of each piece of dough.
- Roll up dough around the chicken mixture making sure are edges are sealed.
- Dip each chicken roll in melted butter and roll in the crushed croutons or corn flakes (optional). Place on baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with chicken gravy if desired.
- To make chicken gravy add 1 can cream of chicken soup to a small saucepan.
- Add 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice and stir well.
- Add milk or sour cream to thin to desired consistency.
- Cook over low heat until hot. Serve over chicken roll-ups.