Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
For a healthier version use skim milk & reduced-fat Swiss in the sauce.
Chicken Reuben Rolls
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 slices thinly sliced corned beef (cooked)
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄2 cup sauerkraut, drained and pressed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Caraway Cheese Sauce
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- fresh thyme sprig (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Flatten chicken to 1/8" thick.
- Place 1 slice corned beef on each piece of chicken.
- Spread evenly with mustard and top evenly with sauerkraut.
- Fold in sides of each piece of chicken; roll up, and secure with a wooden pick.
- Place chicken, seam side down in an 11"x7"x2" baking dish.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake until chicken is cooked through (10-15 minutes; juices run clear).
- In a saucepan, add milk gradually to the flour, stirring until well blended.
- Add bouillon, caraway seeds, and pepper; mix well.
- Cook over medium heeat, stirring constantly, until sauce has thickened.
- Add cheese, and continue stirring until cheese melts and sauce has thickened again.
- Remove picks from chicken and slice each roll into 6 rounds.
- Spoon sauce over rounds or serve to the side as a dipping sauce.
- Garnish with thyme and serve.