For a healthier version use skim milk & reduced-fat Swiss in the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Chicken Reuben Rolls
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 slices thinly sliced corned beef (cooked)
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, drained and pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Caraway Cheese Sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Flatten chicken to 1/8" thick.
- 3Place 1 slice corned beef on each piece of chicken.
- 4Spread evenly with mustard and top evenly with sauerkraut.
- 5Fold in sides of each piece of chicken; roll up, and secure with a wooden pick.
- 6Place chicken, seam side down in an 11"x7"x2" baking dish.
- 7Sprinkle with paprika.
- 8Cover dish with aluminum foil, and bake for 15 minutes.
- 9Remove foil and bake until chicken is cooked through (10-15 minutes; juices run clear).
- 10In a saucepan, add milk gradually to the flour, stirring until well blended.
- 11Add bouillon, caraway seeds, and pepper; mix well.
- 12Cook over medium heeat, stirring constantly, until sauce has thickened.
- 13Add cheese, and continue stirring until cheese melts and sauce has thickened again.
- 14Remove picks from chicken and slice each roll into 6 rounds.
- 15Spoon sauce over rounds or serve to the side as a dipping sauce.
- 16Garnish with thyme and serve.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Reuben Rolls With Caraway Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.7
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 106.1 mg
- Sodium 592.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 35.3 g