photo by SharonChen
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb deli corned beef, sliced
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup drained rinsed sauerkraut (to taste)
- 6 -10 large egg roll wraps
- cooking spray (for deep frying) or oil (for deep frying)
- Slice corned beef into ribbons (I roll a few pieces up like a cigar and make thin slices).
- Combine cheese, sliced beef and kraut in a bowl.
- Place approx 1/3 cup of the corned beef mixture in egg roll wrapper, roll up egg roll fashion sealing the last edge with water.
- To bake: spray sheet pan with spray oil, place rolls seam side down, spray liberally with more spay oil. Bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes rotating half-way through baking. Bake until brown.
- To Deep Fry: Heat oil to 350°F - add rolls, fry until brown and crisy, drain on paper towels.
Questions & Replies
Great recipe! I skipped the step of combining beef, cheese and sauerkraut. Instead, I just added the three ingredients separately onto each egg roll wrap. Worked well for me. After wrapping, I brushed some olive oil onto each roll and baked them for 12 minutes at 400F. Absolutely a keeper! Thanks for posting.
Oh-my-goodness! These are SO good! We deep-fried them to the peak of perfection, and then demolished the stacke (except we saved out two for our lunch tomorrow!).... Ended up using Monterey Jack and some Mozzarella cheese ("someone" used the last Swiss and didn't mark the shopping list!), and used canned corned beef. Served with Recipe #100355. Double ymmmm! We loved 'em! KEEPER! *Made for PAC Spring 2007*
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Update 6/10: I like to cook more than bake. I like to do a lot of cooking on weekends making dishes that work well as left-overs for lunches. My favorite things to make are Mexican type dishes (enchiladas), soups and different kinds of chili. I love to hang out and swap recipes with my sister Kathy (Chef #: Kasia#3). She has taught me so much about cooking and is a great joy to be with. I work full time as an office manager for a packaging company. I have no children - I am VERY happy just to be an aunt. Even to all the friends of my neices & nephews have adopted me! I enjoy gardening, cooking (of course), reading, playing on the computer and going on weekend trips in either a hotel or a tent. I love going to summer festivals, my favorite being Summerfest in Milwaukee. I a little bit of a rock music geek I spent way too much time playing with my iPod. This hobby has earned me the right of people calling me at odd hours to name that tune or lyric. My favorite cookbook is the cookbook from my mom's church & my Betty Crocker cookbooks (one old & one new).</p>