Unwrapped Shrimp Egg Rolls
- Ready In:
- 16 wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 14 ounces coleslaw mix
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored seeded THINLY sliced
- 4 scallions, trimmed chopped
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 lb cooked shrimp, shells removed chopped
- 2 cups brown rice
- Chinese duck sauce (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place wonton wrappers on a large baking sheet and brush both sides with lightly with oil.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, or until crisp and lightly golden.
- Coat a non stick skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add coleslaw mix, red pepper, scallions, and broth.
- Simmer, covered, for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in soy sauce, vinegar, garlic powder, sugar, and ginger.
- Add shrimp and cook until just heated through, about one minute.
- Spoon a generous 1/4 cup of shrimp mixture on each wonton.
- Serve with brown rice and, if desired, duck sauce and additional soy sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!