Reuben Egg Roll Wraps With Dipping Sauce
photo by Alskann
- Ready In:
8 egg rolls
- 1 1⁄2 cups sauerkraut, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons caraway seeds (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 6 ounces corned beef, thinly sliced, cut into strips
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, thinly sliced, cut into strips
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 egg roll wraps
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- prepared thousand island dressing, for dipping
- Saute sauerkraut and caraway in a skillet over medium-high heat. When most of the moisture has evaporated and sauerkraut begins to brown, stir in lemon juice and set aside.
- Arrange an egg roll wrapper on a work surface with a corner towards you; brush edges with egg wash.
- Place a strip of cheese on the wrapper, about 1 inch above the bottom corner, then top with strips of beef and about 3 tbsp sauerkraut mixture. Drizzle with mustard. Fold the bottom corner up over the filling to enclose, fold in the sides, then roll to the top corner of the wrapper. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat to about 360*. Add half the egg rolls and fry on all sides until brown and crisp, 5-7 minutes.Drain on paper towels while frying remaining rolls.
- Serve Egg Rolls with Thousand Island Dressing for dipping.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Darn it. Now that we have had this, I now have to make it again, over and over. And I bet they freeze great after frying, so I have to make them in big batches so I can freeze some for lunches. Darn it. :) :) I'm not sure I would say these were easier to make than the sandwich, but definitely as tasty and easier that other egg roll wraps type things. Thank you for posting such a yummy dish!
Oh my goodness!! These are awesome. Easy to make and oh so satisfying. Any Reuben lover should give these a try. I followed the recipe exact except I left out the caraway seeds. I made my own homemade thousand island dressing to dip them in. Yet another reminder of what a lucky g uy Nick is. This is a keeper for sure!!!