Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Your family is going to absolutely love this dish! I love it because it is so delicious and it is so easy and my family loves it!! I was sick of all of the normal chicken and biscuit recipes so i put a twist on it and that is how i got this recipe. I think all will love it and enjoy making it for the family.
- 2 lbs chicken breast tenders, chopped
- 1 (15 1/3 ounce) box mashed potatoes
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) package Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (12 ounce) jars chicken gravy
- 1 (10 -14 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 1. Boil water in large pot. Chop chicken and add into the pot once it is boiling. It will be done when it is no longer pink. Strain when done.
- 2. Follow direction on box for making mashed potatoes, unless you want to make your own from scratch. Once potatoes are made, stir in some seasonings and butter to flavor.
- 3. Follow directions and boil or steam corn.
- 4. In a large baking dish, spread mashed potatoes on bottom of pan( about a 1/2 inches thick or so) then spread corn on top of potatoes and add some chicken spread evenly on top. Add seasoning however you like to taste. Then add some gravy evenly over it all. Repeat these steps for second layer except this time after the gravy, add a layer of biscuits.
- 5. Back according to biscuit package.
- 6. Heat up other jar of gravy and serve hot portions with gravy over top.
- 7. Eat and enjoy!
Great on a cold winter day.. thanks!
This is straight up comfort food! It came together in a cinch and was sooooo good! I did sear the chicken in the skillet with some butter and spices. I also needed to substitute a can of cream of mushroom and a can of cream of celery for the gravy since I didn't have any on hand. I also had to use a can of corn but that worked well because I just drained it and dumped it in. Based on other reviews I tore up the biscuits and they cooked through without a problem. I used Grands butter layer biscuits and they added just the right amount of yum. The family absolutely loved this and it'll be on my dinner table for years to come :) Thanks!
This is absolutely delicious - I used it with my own mashed potatoes. I did have a problem with some of the biscuits not baking completely thru - but I think I have a fix for this. If you pull each biscuit apart into a half, it will cook thru. : )