I found this recipe in an old Betty Crocker grocery store recipe book (my friend gave me a huge pile of them, so I have made quite a few). This is a very different and much lower fat version than the ones that use cream of chicken soup. My whole family enjoyed these, even the 5 year old!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350.
- 2Spray rectangular 11x7 baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3Place green sauce, cilantro, parsley, lime juice and garlic in blender or food processor.
- 4Cover and blend on high speed about 30 seconds or until smooth.
- 5Reserve half of mixture.
- 6Mix remaining sauce mixture, chicken (or turkey) and 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- 7Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken (or turkey) mixture onto each tortilla.
- 8Roll tortilla around filling, place seam side down in baking dish.
- 9Pour reserved sauce mixture over enchiladas.
- 10Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- 11Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes or until hot.
- 12Serve with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken or Turkey Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.4
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 46.0 mg
- Sodium 573.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 18.0 g