Karen From Colorado's Note:
We always have this meal made with leftover turkey after the holidays. It is one of my father's favorites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 teaspoons butter or 6 teaspoons margarine
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon instant bouillon granules
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken or 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas
- toast points or toasted English muffins or biscuit
- 1For sauce, melt butter or margarine in a large saucepan.
- 2Stir in flour, salt, and pepper.
- 3Add the milk, water and bouillon all at once.
- 4Cook and stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- 5Stir in the chicken or turkey, mushrooms, peas and pimiento.
- 6Continue to stir and cook until sauce bubbles again.
- 7Serve over toast points, English muffins or biscuits.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken (Or Turkey) a La King
Serving Size: 1 (418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.5
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 84.6 mg
- Sodium 724.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 29.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant bouillon granules