Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 1⁄3 cups reduced-fat baking mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Bring first 8 ingredients to a boil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Add mixed vegetables, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir together baking mix and next 4 ingredients until blended.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into slowly boiling mixture in Dutch oven. (Don't let dumplings touch.)
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent dumplings from sticking. Cover and cook 10 more minutes.